The family and I are in Naracoorte at present. It is a town of 7,000 in the south-east region of South Australia. This post has nothing to do with agility, scaling, or software businesses. Just plain old Australian ingenuity and creating businesses that last.
I’m really impressed by the local businesses and some of the Australian made products they are selling. Here are a few that we’ve bought:
- Casaveen Knitware Australia – pure Australian merino wool knitwear. Nice.
- Minijumbuk – wool bedding products. Superb.
- R.M. Williams – footwear and apparel for men and women. Done.
- Baum Cycles – fine bicycles in titanium and steel. Hand tailored to your specification.
- Rodriquez – quality range of tea towels and aprons in Australia since 1952.
- Bluey Merino – Australian-owned-and-operated Merino Activewear & Outdoor Clothing company
What have I missed? What Aussie made brands do you like? Tweet me.